I wrote this awesome, sappy, "I love my baby boy who's not a baby anymore" post today on Jake's blog. I hijacked it and then I confessed because I didn't want to ruin his birthday because he is very sensitive about these things.
And guess what? He didn't let me to post it. :(
You know what else? Many of the pictures I have of him recently have a "talk to the hand" attitude. Jake is 14 and apparently decent pictures are a thing of the past.
But I can still blog on MY blog that my baby is 14. I AM THE MOMMA OF A 14 YEAR OLD. REALLY?
The kid who says to me on almost a weekly basis, "Your silver hair is glistening in the sun my fair mother." If there wasn't a hint of mischievousness in his voice and a smirk on his face I'd probably slap him. :) He is blunt and direct sometimes to a fault. Which is actually one of the reasons I love him so very much. One rarely has to guess what he is thinking.
A few more things about Jake...
- He is a young man who is fiercely passionate about writing and editing. He is the editor I never really asked for (ha!).
- Jake read a few choice CS Lewis books this year including The Great Divorce and Screwtape Letters...without being assigned. I love this about him. But his #1 love - reading and writing Christian Speculative Fiction. Um yeah.
- Jake loves hamburgers and cheesecake. This is his usual birthday bash menu. (coming up this weekend)
- Jake's oldest youngest sister is made him a requested breakfast of mashed potatoes, bacon and blueberry muffins. The day ended with Smash burgers and Krispy Kreme. He had a burger for lunch leftover from last night. It was like his perfect menu day.
- TODAY WAS A FAMILY HOLIDAY. NO SCHOOL!! Wahoo! :)
Jake - Last night when Dad and I were praying for you it turned more into praises. We are so proud of you and so grateful to be your parents. Our prayer for you is that you live out the purpose God has for you obediently. I'm pretty sure the next year will be a defining year in your life. We love you, buddy.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKESTER!!!
An old picture for today...