* I've heard "Mom, mom, mom, Mom, MOM, M-O-M, MOOOOM, mom, mom, mom, mom, Mom." so many times today I think I might go to the loony bin. You know, the lying on the floor, whining, crazy noisy "MOM" kind. Oh. my.
* Somehow in a matter of minutes we lost a book that we BORROWED from someone and are halfway through reading it out loud. We searched for an hour. NO luck. (don't worry dear book friends - all your borrowed books are safe here) HA
* I just informed a different child that they are no longer allowed to call me Mom. That poor child has no clue why because she wasn't in the room the 90 times the other child said my name.
* There was a huge meltdown over clothing making us almost 30 minutes to knitting lessons today. Seriously. And the teenage years haven't truly started with all these girls.
* Jake has not phoned home. Doesn't he realize how desperate I am to hear from? NO WORD from them. Geez. Cut this momma a break.
* We lavished Eric with love on Father's day. At least that was the goal. But he was in a bit of a rotten mood. I finally cornered him and asked what the dealio was and he said that on Mother's Day the sermon is about how men should care for their wives and thank them for the endless sacrifices they make for the good of their families. Men need to wake up and be grateful. Then on Father's Day the sermon is about how men need to step up to the plate, lead, and appreciate their wives. We had a lively discussion about it. Tonight he comes running into the kitchen holding up his phone saying he'd been vindicated. He was reading this article.
* Been baking today...
a creamy tollhouse bar
sweet party mix
Alex and Beth hung out by the food court at Sam's while I shopped with Lulu.
And now, my friends, we are all caught up on the Thursday excitement. :)